From Heaven Above to Earth I Come

Here is a precious song we sing each Christmas. 
May God bless you and your family this Christmas Eve.



From Heaven Above to Earth I Come
(selected verses)

"From heav'n above to earth I come
To bear good news to ev'ry home; 
Glad tidings of great joy I bring,
Whereof I now will say and sing;

"To you this night is born a child
Of Mary, chosen virgin mild
This little child of lowly birth
Shall be the joy of all the earth.

"This is the Christ, our God Most High,
Who hears your sad and bitter cry;
He will Himself your Savior be
From all your sings to set you free.

"These are the signs that you shall mark;
The swaddling clothes and manger dark.
There you will find the infant laid
By whom the heav'ns and earth were made."

Ah, dearest Jesus, holy Child,
Prepare a bed, soft, undefiled,
A quite chamber set apart
For You to dwell within my heart.

My heart for very joy must leap;
My lips no more can silense keep.
I, too, must sing with joyful tongue
That sweetest ancient cradlesong;

Glory to God in highest heav'n,
Who unto us His Son has giv'n!
While angels sing with pious mirth
A glad new year to all the earth.